Valuing Diversity and Addressing Health Disparities in Value Assessment9:00 AM, October 18, 2021 – 5:00 PM, October 18, 2021 Virtual
The challenges of COVID-19 brought the crucial work of our nation’s scientists to the forefront and highlighted the need to address racial inequity in health care. The winners of the 2021 PhRMA Foundation Challenge Award presented their papers during Society for Medical Decision Making’s 43rd Annual Conference. Their papers addressed the question: How can value assessment methods and processes better account for populations that are typically underrepresented in research and drivers of health disparities?
Watch the recorded portion of their presentation below:
- Eberechukwu Onukwugha, MS, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy (Moderator)
- Eline van den Broek-Altenburg, PhD, MSc, Assistant Professor of Radiology and Vice-Chair of Population Health Science, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Surachat Ngorsuraches, PhD, Associate Professor of Health Outcomes Research and Policy, Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University
- Karaoke “Karam” Diaby, PhD, MSc, Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida
- Leticia R. Moczygemba, PharmD, PhD, Associate Professor in the Health Outcomes and Pharmacy Practice Division at the University of Texas College of Pharmacy (at Austin)