Comparative Effectiveness and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Conference1:00 PM, January 26, 2017 – 5:00 PM, January 27, 2017 Washington, D.C.
The PhRMA Foundation and the Academy for Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) held an invitation-only conference on January 26-27, 2017 in Washington, DC, titled “Comparative Effectiveness and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Enhancing Uptake and Use by Patients, Clinicians and Payers.”
The conference was attended by 70 experts and opinion leaders representing clinicians, patients and payers. The aims of the conference were to:
- Provide an overview of the existing landscape on strategies to enhance uptake and use of CER/PCOR by patients, clinicians, and payers
- identify and discuss the needs and gaps in the uptake and use of CER/PCOR evidence by patients, clinicians, and payers
- Identify the best methods or approaches to enhance the uptake and use of CER/PCOR evidence by patients, clinicians, and payers
- Provide an opportunity for networking among attendees
- Develop a consensus document or other enduring material that provides benefit beyond the conference by providing a framework for recommendations and tools for training current and future users of CER/PCOR evidence