The PhRMA Foundation works to improve public health by proactively investing in innovative research, education and value-driven health care.
We achieve our mission by:
- Remaining scientifically independent and nimble in an ever-evolving health care ecosystem.
- Investing in the patient perspective, including patient-centered value assessment, to empower patients and improve outcomes and efficiencies.
- Supporting and encouraging young scientists to pursue novel projects to advance innovative and transformative research efforts.
- Using data, sound methodologies and advanced technology to inform decisions.
- Supporting collaborative efforts that promote innovative research, support emerging data science and drug discovery, and build frameworks that accurately characterize the value of outcomes for a wide variety of stakeholders.
For more than 56 years, the Foundation has been helping advance scientific research and innovation to benefit patients. Since its founding in 1965, it has distributed more than $100 million to support these efforts.
The PhRMA Foundation Board of Directors, Advisory Committee and staff work closely together to implement the Foundation’s vision and strategic goals.