The Value Assessment Center of Excellence Awards support development of multi-disciplinary, collaborative Centers of Excellence to advance value assessment and promote better patient outcomes and more efficiency in health care.
Application deadline: Please note that applications for 2019 Center of Excellence Awards are now closed. For 2020 awards, please check this website in early 2019 or contact the PhRMA Foundation at 202-572-7756.
Eligibility: Center of Excellence Award opportunities are open to all individuals and organizations that represent stakeholders in the health care sector. Collaborators should exhibit diverse backgrounds, interests and skill sets.
Funding: Funding of up to $500,000 is available to support establishment of a Value Assessment Initiative Center of Excellence.
Important: Please click on topics in blue, above, to learn full details about this award.
ABOUT THE VALUE ASSESSMENT INITIATIVE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE AWARDS
The PhRMA Foundation seeks to support development of multi-disciplinary, collaborative Centers of Excellence under the Value Assessment Initiative that will build evidence, tools and partnerships to inform value assessment strategies and value-driven decision making.
This is a two stage application process, and proposals will be evaluated on the likelihood of developing into a successful, sustainable Center. Suggested criteria for a successful Center are described below.
- Strong leadership commitment
- Communications strategy (e.g., media outreach, publications)
- Representation of expertise in diverse disciplines and from different perspectives, including payers, manufacturers and clinicians
- Clear governance structure
- Explicit process for meaningful engagement with stakeholders
- Plans for ongoing partnership with patients or patient advocates
- Existing or planned infrastructure
- Plans to solicit supplemental and sustained funding from a diverse set of stakeholders
- Relationships with credible academic institutions
- Mentorship or training offerings
- Long-term, well-documented research agenda
- Detailed documentation of proposed methodology and processes
- Established external review processes for published research
Information about the 2020 Center of Excellence Awards will be posted here in early 2019.
The PhRMA Foundation seeks transformative, multi-stakeholder-driven solutions to address challenges in assessing the value of medicines and health care services to improve patient outcomes and reduce inefficiency. Awardees are expected to produce a detailed proposal describing the Center mission, structure, partnerships and agenda. Proposals should address the suggested criteria for a potentially successful Center.
Center award opportunities are open to all individuals and organizations that represent stakeholders in the health care sector. Collaborators should exhibit diverse backgrounds, interests and skill sets.
Funding of up to $500,000 is available to support establishment of a Center. Candidates who proposed a potentially successful Center under phase I (letter of intent) will be eligible for funding.
A maximum of 20 percent of the award may be used for indirect institutional costs.
Click here for 2019 awards brochure. Information about the 2020 awards will be posted at this website in early 2019. Please contact the Foundation at email@example.com, or call 202-572-7756 for more information.